Sunday, January 24, 2010

Highlights from Haiti Concert

The buzz on this was that it was dark and depressing...To me this looked just like the 9-11 telethon, and I thought the same thing of that one. The only person who really exuded we were going to live was Faith Hill...her song she dared to smile and exude some sort of hope. I think that's important in a "concert for hope". So here's a retro look at my fav cut of the 9-11 Concert for Heroes telethon.



Now to the present and back to the Haiti concert...honestly I DVR'ed it and then fast forwarded through most of it, BUT, this version of Hallelujah and Matt Morris (I don't know who he is)is VERY good...the harmony is fantastic. I liked this:



Lastly, Bono penned this song but did very little performing in it...Rhianna and Jay Z did most of it (not really familiar with who they are either...other than I know Rhianna got the crap beat out of her awhile back by her ex). The more times I listened to this the better I like it...I'm seeing some Black Eyed Peas influence on my boys since they toured with them so much last Summer. Some will despair, I sort of like the ability to "mix it up". Very cool...

No comments: