Sunday, March 26, 2006

Come On Al...Take a New Part!


Okay, is it just me, or has Al Pacino been playing the same guy ever since Scent of a Woman? I swear, I love him, but same charactor in every movie; obnoxious burnt out guy on the edge alcoholic who can't keep his mouth shut and manipulates people. He was that charactor blind in S.O.A.W., and hasn't been anybody else ever since. I mean come ON look at DeNiro, everything from Meet the Fockers to crazy schizonphrenic crazy murderer guy...he's playing all sides of the spectrum. But Al, Al, Al...

The cause for my rant is that I just watched Two For the Money. Not a bad movie. Matt McConaughey has his shirt off a LOT in there, and he's been doing a lot of ab work, maybe because of Sahara (I think they are making a sequel...I hope so). He looks so good I literally don't like Penelope Cruz any more because I'm so jealous she's been dating Matt so long. THAT is pathetic...like if Penelope wasn't going out with him "I'd be in there". LOL! Oh well, the answer to my question: "If you could spend the night with ANYBODY you wanted, just one night, who would it be?" Duh...Matt McConaughey would pop out of my mouth without any actual thought pattern being necessary! My sister thought he was hot in Dazed And Confused...okay, even I can't see that....big stretch and the 70's hair did NOT look good on him. BUT he did very much get my attention in A Time To Kill. One of my all time favorite movies and I think it was one of his all time best roles....(and, I've never seen sweat rolling down a man's back seem that sexy to me before, or since for that matter). He's had me around his finger ever since...just can't kick that habit.

Anyway, got sidetracked: Two For the Money, I'd give 2 thumbs up, but my one piece of advice would be, "Come on Al, play a serial killer or a crazy wacky inlaw...mix it up a little bit...You can do it!"

No comments: