Thursday, November 26, 2009

New Moon Knocks It Out of the Park!!!


Admittedly, NOT my favorite book I am NOT team Jacob, I am Team Edward all the way...This book is a LOT of Jacob. But, the movie, the movie, the movie: They softened Jake's character up and made him MUCH more likable...either that or Taylor Lautner is a more likable guy than the Jacob Stephanie Meyer wrote. I'm thinking the latter may be true...

The FX are FANTASTIC. I knew with Chris Weitz (the Golden Compass) as the director that the wolves would be stunning. I was right...they are. The vampire's makeup is 10,000 times better, they no longer look like dead hookers from Hell! Carlisle is actually pretty hot in this one...I thought he was hideous in Twilight.

In this movie when the vampires are supposed to be doing something very fast, instead of the cheesy wire work they did a slo mo Matrix-like thing. MUCH better than the old system. This movie was just slick, polished and hi-tech...much, much better. And that said, Eclipse IS my favorite book and I can't WAIT for June and the release of that one.

Don't get me wrong, I love Twilight the book, and I actually have seen the movie more times than I can count...Catherine Hardwick did a GREAT job of casting and getting the first movie to the big screen on what I imagine was a limited budget. Kudos! But now that the franchise has pockets, I'm looking forward to the progression. Rumor has it that for Breaking Dawn the filming may be coming back to Portland and...wait for it....Gus VanZant may be the director! That will prove interesting, since Breaking Dawn has the sex scene AND a grisly c-section by Edward. Will take a certain director to pull that movie off and make it all work. To quote Victoria, "We shall see".

No comments: