Wednesday, November 25, 2009

What I Am Thankful for in 2009


Everybody seems to be doing this on Facebook this year, and I'm starting to feel like an ingrate for not stating what I'm thankful for...Since it will take more room than FB allows, it's a blog post. Here it goes:

I am thankful for life seeming to "settle down". Things seem to be going okay for now....I'm grateful for Kendrick and Nicole taking such good care of my parents. Despite the fact I'm not very capable of having a relationship with them, I also wish the best for them. I believe Kendrick and Nicole have provided them with a better life in their later years than they may have had in their former. Now they have a "family" environment that was really never present in that house before, even when a family DID live there. Thanks Kendrick and Nicole!

Although I rarely see them, I am thankful for the rest of my family up North...things seem to be leveling out for them as well and they seem to be enjoying their lives. I realize we don't see each other often, but they are ALWAYS there for me when I need them...not sure I'll ever properly return the favor.

I am thankful for having the best pets in the world..I complain about Tiny Rosie, but she is actually a pretty cute and kind dog, and gives Hewson great joy. He's never lonely with Tiny Rosie to play with. Edgy is a pretty damned good cat who just likes to make biscuits and always seems to keep himself out of harms way when he's outside.

I am thankful for my wonderful horse Firenze. He is turning into exactly the horse I had imagined he would turn into later in life (and I DID have my doubts). Riding my horse is actually the thing I believe I enjoy the most in life...and the better Firenze behaves the less nervous that makes me and the more fun I have at it. In being thankful for Firenze I am also thankful to Allison and Terry Vankoll. They have been instrumental in helping me teach my horse to be a better cooperator and helping me increase my own self confidence. I don't think they will ever have any idea just HOW much of a fan of theirs I am! I'm also thankful for their boarding facility. It is the NICEST bunch of ladies (and gentlemen) EVER. Barns can be wrought with drama...this barn is NOT.

I am thankful for my job. That too has been wrought with bumpy times and has probably given me more than a few gray hairs...HOWEVER, the worst seems to be behind me and I am actually starting to enjoy my job. I have a GREAT staff, probably one of the best staffs in any Vet hospital in the greater PDX area. Greg makes me nuts from time to time, but truth be told I have learned more about numbers and business from him than from any other source in my life...I think I will learn much more from him in the future. It will be interesting to see what is possible in the future.

I am thankful for my friends. I'm very sloooooowww to warm up to people, but I'm actually starting to see some possibilities for friends who will still be there in 10 years...Basically my entire staff (Leah, Melissa and Amanda you know we have slogged through the trenches together over the last 6 months...and successfully!!!), Nicole, Cam, and Kimberly...Miss Kimmie, we don't get to see each other as much as I'd like, but the longer I know you the more I view you as one of the greatest treasures of my life. Good, true friends are rare in adult life, but you are TOP DRAWER.

Whew...that's a lot, huh? Guess I'm lucky! Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!

Denise:-)

No comments: